A New Dunkin' Donuts Fan

When Sylvia was visiting me for the week of Thanksgiving, she told me one day that she needed caffeine in order to stay up for the rest of the night (we were going to be up late doing things so she figured caffeine would be of help). So I insisted that she try Dunkin' Donuts. I told her not to worry; she'd like it. So I took her and got her a small coffee with cream and sugar, and then I watched her try it for the first time.

There's a picture of her at the bottom of this blog where she's got her eyes closed, enjoying her Dunkin' Donuts coffee. I remember one night (yes, she drank coffee more than once during the week she was here!), we got some coffee and I had to run to the bank. I parked and asked her if she wanted to come in with me; she said no. So then I asked her if she wanted me to leave the radio on. "No," she replied, "I'm just going to sit here and enjoy my coffee - just me and my coffee." Ummm....OK then! I laughed and left her alone while I ran into the bank. Hilarious. Now she understands what people enjoy about Dunkin' Donuts.

On a side note, I do have a classmate who despises Dunkin' Donuts calling it something distasteful that I shall not type here. But, he is definitely in the minority as far as I know. I've become a big Dunkin' Donuts fan (although I don't like donuts); I'll eat their croissants and bagels, drink their coffee and other hot drinks. The only objection I have to them is that their ambience definitely does not match that of Starbucks when it comes to finding a place to study. I know they are two different kinds of coffee shops so I can't say that I don't go to Starbucks at all. I still do - to study. But for coffee on the go and perhaps a munchie or two (and for Sylvia a French Cruller donut), Dunkin' Donuts is my choice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Successful Summer

A Happy Ending for the Dog Drama

Reunion in Jo'burg