New Orleans!

I am back in New Orleans after almost 8 years. It is good to be back. It's strange how things are familiar and yet different. The drive from the airport did not show a whole lot of damage from Katrina, but then again, the airport is to the west of downtown New Orleans and the whole river area. I walked around the Garden District for a while and of course, today was the St. Patrick's Day parades so I felt like I had returned for Mardi Gras in a sense. The only thing was in addition to beads, booze, garbage and moonpies, there were cabbages, potatoes, and carrots strewn about on the streets. That, and men in kilts.... I don't think any city parties like New Orleans does; or shall I say, I don't think any city provides such a party atmosphere like New Orleans does. I have to chuckle because I love it down here, although not quite for the party scene despite what people may think. Heh heh.

Here's a picture of the remnants of the revelry. :) And look forward to more blog entries and pictures to come! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Successful Summer

A Happy Ending for the Dog Drama

Reunion in Jo'burg