Addicted

I am addicted to two things: jogging and Pinterest.

Let's begin with Pinterest. Have you heard of Pinterest? I'm sure you have. I'm sure you've seen those red "P" logos when you're surfing the internet. Well, I started it with some hesitation when it debuted, uncertain that it would really be something I would want to spend time on. I thought it would be one of those apps that I would end up deleting from my phone when I needed more memory. I was wrong. I am seriously addicted to Pinterest. In fact, I spend more time on Pinterest than I do on Facebook. When I get ready for bed, it means I'll be spending half an hour on Pinterest before I actually close my eyes (according to a pin it says that this is one of the bad habits that prevent me from getting a good night's rest...). My husband laughs at my addiction to Pinterest, but hey, he benefits from my addiction. How so you ask? Well, there are quite a few things I have actually tried from Pinterest, including baked goods and meals. I find DIY beauty regiments and products to make at home so I've conducted my fair share of Pinterest experiments. If you decide to check it out, make sure you follow me! ;)

My second addiction is jogging as you might have guessed from some of my previous posts. If you told me last spring that in a year I would be seriously addicted to running, I probably would have chortled and waved you off. But, more than 200 miles and a 10K later, I am training for a half-marathon. I have run at night, in the morning, in the afternoon, in the rain, in the heat, and in the cold (like 30 degrees post-snow). I'm amazed at how much I have come to enjoy jogging, even with without music once! I feel like I am a whole different person. I started out barely being able to run a mile and I am now up to 9 miles for my training! Craaaazy. Running has made me stronger, saner, and healthier. And I am hooked, for life hopefully. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Successful Summer

A Happy Ending for the Dog Drama

Reunion in Jo'burg