American Idol?

Okay, I have never really watched American Idol or been really interested in it unlike those who have to be home to watch it all go down. I mean, I know that Kelly Clarkson was the first American Idol; I know Ruben Studdard was another American Idol; I know that Clay Aiken was on American Idol. I've also heard about Fantasia (but I did not watch that time around) and I didn't watch it the other times - not devotedly at least, voting and all. I used to think to myself, "Big deal." Besides, I'm not much of a TV watcher to begin with. The only time I voted was when my friend said she wanted to vote but was too slow in picking up the phone; so I dialed for her. I used to think that Simon was a terrible person, Paula was .... well, Paula.... and Randy had some interesting comments. Ryan Seacrest? Well, all of a sudden his name is big in L.A. and somehow he was no longer doing the afternoon show on Star 98.7 fm but instead had moved to the morning show on KIIS FM instead. Whoa... what's with that change?

But I confess that all this is now changing - not that I've done a 180 though. I still don't watch it devotedly because I missed the 12 women last night since I was watching the Winter Olympics as well as Anderson Cooper 360 (during Olympic commercial breaks), but I've watched it more often than not since the new season started. I actually watched it for 2 hours tonight to see how the men were and even tried dialing in to vote at the end.... I don't think Simon's so terrible anymore because some of his comments are right on the money, crude as they may be; Paula is a bit too nice to be sincere about most of her comments; and Randy is in the middle of those 2. Although I don't like the idea of being slave to a show, I find myself getting into it and wondering (or perhaps hoping) which ones will be cut tomorrow. Will I be watching? Nah..... I'm still not a big fan of TV so I guess I'll just look up the results on the internet. Let's see how long I'll actually continue watching....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Successful Summer

A Happy Ending for the Dog Drama

Reunion in Jo'burg