The Movie "Gandhi"

Today I watched the movie "Gandhi". Ben Kingsley was fantastic! But additionally, I was amazed by Gandhi. I am amazed that one man can possess so much faith in truth and love. But then I remember that it is not how much faith we ourselves have but in whom we have that faith. It makes me wonder where the source of my faith is: is it in the quantity of faith I have or the quality of faith? Do I rely on how much faith I have or in whom I have faith? And I wonder if I will really stand resolute in the face of oppression like he did.

Another thing: it is sad to see how politics and the greed of men in power can divide and affect people at large. Countries are torn, people are separated, and times grow dark. Surprisingly, it is just one incident, just one tiny incident, that can inflame such massive atrocities. And it happens now: with one cartoon from a Danish paper, massive atrocities have been ignited in the Middle East. And who suffers? People.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Successful Summer

A Happy Ending for the Dog Drama

Reunion in Jo'burg