Cognitive Overload and Frizzy Hair

OK, no my cognitive overload did not cause my frizzy hair - although it's fun to think of it that way. The 83% humidity today on Long Island caused my frizzy hair! Yeah - a natural reaction to humidity apparently for me. It's days like these I wonder why I even bother to blow dry my hair all nice and neat (actually today I got smart and didn't do that.... so much for cognitive overload - apparently I had enough non-overloaded brain cells to think ahead like that!).

So what of this overload? Ah well, it's just that in my Social Work Theories class we were focusing on cognitive-behavioral theories, and I was in charge of presenting it and facilitating discussion. It was actually quite interesting. It's also interesting going into such discussions knowing that people in your class don't necessarily see the merits of these theories. I mean, I see the merits simply on the basis that it was part of my job for the last 5 years! I don't buy the theories in whole, but if theories were bunches of bananas or grapes, I'd pick off the good ones (just like I've done in my work). What can I say? What works, works, and what doesn't gets thrown back onto the fruit stand for someone else. I suppose I can also understand that some people have allergies to certain fruits, so I can't really expect them to approach certain parts of the fruit stand with any pleasure.

Having said that, I still get a bit affected by certain viewpoints, and I'm just trying to digest that right now. Or perhaps just trying to get over it without feeling like an idiot. Oh well - one lives and one learns. I learned bunches today! =P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Successful Summer

A Happy Ending for the Dog Drama

Reunion in Jo'burg