Reunion in Jo'burg



On my return from the conference in Durban, I was fortunate enough to spend a few days with my childhood best friend. It was amazing to be able to meet her again some twenty years later. We had spent time catching up and also attended her daughters' cross-country event. We also had dinner at this African-themed restaurant (where else would we eat when in South Africa?) called Moyo's. This picture is of us after getting our face painted. :) For dinner I had springbok, and also managed to taste a bit of ostrich. Very interesting, and pretty good - both of them, I'd say. :)

The next night I actually met up with some other people that I had not seen in twenty-one years. It was just amazing to see us all grown up (the kids), and the adults were somewhat the same, except for a bit of age of course. So I managed to have this big old reunion in Johannesburg.

Oh, and we unknowingly drove by Nelson Mandela's house in Jo'burg, only having realized it as we drove past wondering what all the guards were there for. Then it dawned on my friend that we had just driven by Madiba's house. That was pretty cool, I'd say. Heh heh. By the way, did you know he turned 90 years old this year? And yet he still does public speaking engagements. Amazing.

Comments

Mitzi and Jerry said…
Cool face painting! I will get to be back in the good ol' USA in 3.5 months! I enjoy reading your blog - Mitzi
Euneeq said…
Thanks! I enjoy reading yours too Mitzi! You must be excited to be coming back. :)

Popular posts from this blog

A Happy Ending for the Dog Drama

A Successful Summer