One Big Ball of Fuzzy Yarn

I do some crocheting now and then - although the only projects I've ever finished are my scarves. I still have a shawl I need to complete and I just started a hat for the upcoming winter.... If I'm lucky, I'll get to wear both before the winter months are over next March.

One day I decided to experiment with knitting needles (the 2-needle thing), and I was having so much fun I decided to intertwine 3 different colors of yarn because the yarn was the thin kind. And of course it was pretty cool. But take note: this was an "experiment", which means I never had any intention of completing it into an actual item.

So after my summer hiatus and fall adjustment from that hiatus, I recently took out all my knitting and decided to undo this multi-colored experiment because you can do that with knitting and crochet, provided the yarn isn't too fuzzy with extras so that it tangles real well. Well, these thin strands of yarn that looked pretty easy to unravel created such a big tangle that at one point I had to use the scissors. Oh it was a pain in the rear but I was determined to unravel and untangle what I could and cut out the really terrible knots. It took me hours - split up into two different days because I was so fed up the first day that I set it aside after an hour or so. The next day I stuck with it, with dogged determination. And of course, now I have 3 nice balls of yarn to actually crochet stuff with (my hat is the project for ball 1).

Today, after some real craziness in my life these past months, I'm just realizing that sometimes if something as innocuous as a ball of yarn can get so tangled up and messy when not handled with care, why would life be immune to that kind of messiness and tangling? Especially if your life gets intertwined with other people's lives.... It can either come out looking really beautiful, or it can come out looking like such a mess that something needs to be cut. And sometimes, you get a bit of both. So what do you do? You untangle what you can, and God cuts the rest. Heh heh. Or maybe He untangles, resolves the mess, and cuts the rest. Quite frankly, I'm at the point where I'll let Him do the untangling and resolving. My energy was spent with those balls of yarn sitting on my coffee table. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Successful Summer

A Happy Ending for the Dog Drama

Reunion in Jo'burg