Hope Renewed

Thanksgiving season came and went. What did you find yourself thankful for? The little things? The big things? Many things? Few things? Material things? Priceless things? So much to be thankful for, and so much we take for granted throughout the year. But at the center of it, I realize as the year draws to an end, that underneath it all - the primary thing I am thankful for - is hope. And thus, for me, Thanksgiving marked the renewal of hope. I am thankful that I can hope - hope for the continued health of my family and friends, hope for a different career, hope for peace in more places tomorrow than there are today, hope that an empowered individual can in turn empower others, hope that happily ever after indeed exists.

And as Christmas approaches, my hope continues to be renewed. Hope that amidst darkness there is light - light in the form of Christ who is the true reason for the Christmas season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Successful Summer

A Happy Ending for the Dog Drama

Reunion in Jo'burg