Sleepless Nights yield an Apartment

I spent last weekend apartment hunting. Actually, I only spent one day viewing apartments - saw only three apartments - and made my decision to rent the first one I saw. In some ways it's amazing because who would have ever thought that on the first day I would rent the first apartment that I saw. My friend and I were planning to spend both Saturday and Sunday apartment-hunting, but we were done by 4 p.m. Saturday. What a relief! Finding an apartment turned out to be easier than for my friend to get into New York from Houston!

She was supposed to get in 9 p.m. Friday but had called me to say she was delayed and getting in probably at about 10 into LaGuardia. I was supposed to rent a car at 10 p.m. so I said it was okay. So I went to the airport to meet her and ended up waiting till midnight, only to hear that her plane had been diverted to Philadelphia. Apparently they needed gas, but they were also waiting to figure out if they would have the passengers spend the night or take off again for a 23-minute flight to LaGuardia. So I ended up renting the car, driving back to the hotel, and waiting for my friend to call. She ended up calling at 2:30 a.m. to say that they were taking off again to head to New York. At 3 a.m., both of us tired but hungry, we finally met at the LaGuardia airport, collected her baggage and drove into Manhattan to eat! We finally got to sleep at 6:30 a.m. at least to catch a few zzz's until we had to get on the road to Stony Brook by 9 a.m.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Successful Summer

A Happy Ending for the Dog Drama

Reunion in Jo'burg