Sick of Crickets and Waiting for Cold Weather

Although a change in weather will bring its own little concerns such as getting anti-freeze for my car and new tires to drive in snow (in the event it does snow soon), I am looking forward to it for several reasons, one of them being NO MORE CRICKETS. If the superstition that crickets are supposed to be good luck is true, I must have loads of luck to last me till January. I have had a steady stream of cricket invasions in my apartment over the last two months since I've been here. (Wow....can't believe it's been over 2 months already!) Anyway, while the situation has improved to where I can have several cricketless days, from time to time those little buggers still find their way in. One would hope that the word has spread - no cricket has ever left alive out of my apartment, save a couple that were fortunate enough to be in my kitchen because then the door is right there so I just sweep them out. Still I've pretty much had it.

I was eating dinner last night and heard a cricket. I happened to look down and it was right next to me! Please, no wise cracks about it being my conscience or trying to tell me something. . . . My first instinct was to get the RAID, but of course I was eating dinner and I don't want to be spraying that around food. Additionally while my nephew might have whacked the guy with satisfaction using a slipper or something, I am never able to bring myself to do that. So . . . I decided to sweep it to my kitchen and then out the door, all the while hoping that it wouldn't flip out and hop all over the place because then that might start a chain reaction to where I myself would flip out and hop all over the place. . . . And therefore, YES, I am sick of crickets invading my territory. I prefer they stay outside, and I'm finding that I am rather looking forward to cold weather (hopefully it'll get here soon) so that I can get a reprieve from these darn crickets. I don't think they bring me luck at this point . . . . just a bit of irritation and disgust. They are bugs after all and they've come in one too many times. . . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Successful Summer

A Happy Ending for the Dog Drama

Reunion in Jo'burg