Thoroughly Autumn in Long Island





So the cold weather I was waiting for has arrived. The other night we had a freeze warning during the daybreak hours (3 a.m. to 8 a.m.) and the temperatures that night dipped down to 28 degrees! And with the decrease in temperature, I am happy to say there has been a decrease in crickets - outside AND inside. Granted it's not frequently that freezing, it's still chillier. It's definitely jacket-and-scarf weather, reaching maybe only a high of 50 - usually only in the mid to upper 40s. So it has been COLD for a native tropics and warm-weather kind of girl! BUT I must say that I'm adjusting alright and have not yet found myself bundling up till I feel like I can roll my way to class. I've heard it doesn't start getting too bad out here until mid-January, so maybe I can prolong my tire changes until December or something. We shall see.

The leaves have changed colors, for those trees that do. The firs, of course, remain continuously green or white-tipped, making me wonder if they're even real trees at times! But there is an enormous amount of trees here on the north side of Long Island and while some trees turn brown, others have turned vibrant yellow and various shades of oranges and reds. Fall has fallen, and I am enjoying it!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Successful Summer

A Happy Ending for the Dog Drama

Reunion in Jo'burg