Calm, Quietude, and Itchiness


I spent two days at a lake here in New York. It was absolutely gorgeous and so peaceful! Kayaking out on the lake was so peaceful and meditative. Oh I know that it might have seemed to be hard work, rowing and all, but to mDe it was glorious meditation and a sense of freedom, without some of the fear I sometimes encounter kayaking in the ocean. Don't get me wrong; I love ocean kayaking too. But there are definitely some differences between kayaking on the lake and on the ocean.

Anyway, the two days I spent in this quietude really helped me clear my mind and just breathe for once. Very much needed after a hectic end to the semester and in preparation for some hectic times ahead. And jogging along one side of the lake was just amazing in and of itself - enough to keep motivating me on my path to jogginghood. :) The picture below is of my jogging path.

But what of this itchiness? Well, one walk through the damp and wooded forest left me with bug bites all over my legs. We had no idea that the walk would take us through such covered areas; we had visions of waterfalls in our heads and only that.... But to our dismay, that was not to be the case. So half of us turned back (3 out of 6), bemoaning the fact that our legs were bug-food, and left the confines of the woods. Boy was I ever glad to be back out in the hot sun, even if I did regret not going further into the woods to see the waterfall. If my legs could nod, they might have agreed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Successful Summer

A Happy Ending for the Dog Drama

Reunion in Jo'burg