Teaching

I sure have respect for teachers and professors. I always knew that it was a lot of work and had utmost respect for my teacher friends. But this semester, that understanding has risen to a whole new level! I am doing a teaching practicum where I am teaching Masters students. And of course I'm not doing anything matter of fact like research methods....Nooo.... I'm teaching Policy. It can be somewhat abstract for the students and I'm not very good at filling up material for two hours. I always seem to fall short of my 2 to 2.5 hours obligation. Today I was supposed to teach for 2 hours, sans le professeur, but ended it at 1.5, which I'm sure the students didn't mind; it is, after all, the week of Thanksgiving. :D Nonetheless, I feel like it's quite a challenge.

The topic tonight was politics and ideology with respect to social welfare policy. While it is definitely interesting for me, I'm not sure I conveyed that interest to the students. Ho hum. I guess that's why I have to learn, and teaching is an art that requires practice....And I need practice. ^_^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Successful Summer

A Happy Ending for the Dog Drama

Reunion in Jo'burg