Awesome wonder

I think there's no bad mood or ho-hum day that a night sky filled with hundreds of stars can't cure, especially when looking up at it with someone you love. I stargaze often because it reminds me of how awesome the universe is and how my little self and my bad day is not at the center of my world or THE world. Not only that but stars just fill me with wonder. So yesterday my boyfriend and I were star-gazing, and though I'd had a headache-filled looooooong day, all of that seemed to vanish in the distance as I craned my neck with him, looking up at twinkling lights, bright solid lights, and trying to put together the constellations. As we looked up at the sky together, we both found ourselves looking forward to the return of our old friend Orion despite the noticeably cooler air indicating the onset of fall around the corner. The star-filled sky is an awesome sight to behold, any night of the year on Long Island, but yesterday it just got decidedly more awesome as I gasped excitedly, "Shooting star!!" I can still remember it in my head -- the ball of light, brighter than any other I have ever seen (having seen a few shooting stars in my lifetime) dropping down in a flame of red/orange and then disappearing completely from view.... W-O-W! Absolutely awesome! And I felt a note of gratefulness arise within me, as I remained completely amazed at what I had witnessed. It was beautiful and awesome....a testimony to the Awesome Creator.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Successful Summer

A Happy Ending for the Dog Drama

Reunion in Jo'burg