Life through Quotes

One of my favorite things to do is to find great quotes....on Pinterest these days, but I have done it prior to the existence of Pinterest (and here is the evidence to prove it). So I thought this would be a great way to get back into writing my blog because there are all these quotes I love that seem to explain exactly what I'm feeling on any given day, or inspire me to go forward on other days. If I could high-five a quote through the screen, I would. You know what I mean, right?

So today I begin with this: "The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are." - Unknown

Sometimes we get stuck but we don't know where to go. I am in such a situation. I am stuck because where I work is interesting, to say the least. It doesn't really match up with what I envision myself doing, partly because people don't realize where they could truly go with the resource that is our program -- neither the college nor the students in the program (well, maybe not all of them). Needless to say, with my work ethic and my beliefs, this program is not where I intend to stay forever. So I have taken that first step to getting somewhere else, perhaps closer to my calling. What is my calling? I will articulate it for you when I am able. For now, let's just say that it is not where I am currently at.

But this also applies to my personal development. I am not staying where I am in terms of that. I want to improve my health, my overall perspective on life, and how I use my time for others and for myself. Where am I going to go? Not sure. But I'm working on it. For now, I am picking up jogging again. I miss it and have been away from it too long. Now I have a dog who has lots of energy and needs lots of exercise, so with him, I will get somewhere. :)

Are you going to stay where you are? If not, where will you go? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Identifying the Culprit

Reunion in Jo'burg

Kid Logic