The Small Things

It's the small things that make life richer and fun, such as:

A friend's phone call just to see what you're doing.
A cold drink at the end of a hot day at work.
Ice cream on any day - hot or cold, especially if it's Rocky Road or anything coffee.
Hearing a song on the radio that I really like.
A cool breeze to break up the sweltering heat that's enveloping me.
A day off from work.
Having the freedom to sleep in.
The fresh crunch of a cucumber.
My dog's cute face staring at me.
The smell of a cake baking in the oven.
The smell of freshly mowed grass (granted the remnants don't get in my car vents).
Laughing, at anything really - even if it's myself.
Blowing bubbles.
Watching my dog dig a hole in the ground even after we've told him many times not to.
Listening for the "clink" "clink" of my dog's collar when I call him.
Standing on a vantage point feeling the wind sweeping over my face and through my hair.
People not knowing how to react to the blue highlights in my hair.
Going from 0 to 60 in who knows how many seconds.

And so much more....

Comments

Mia said…
my personal favorite is sticking my feet in the ocean on a hot day.

Popular posts from this blog

A Successful Summer

A Happy Ending for the Dog Drama

Reunion in Jo'burg