Life

"live with intention.
walk to the edge.
listen hard.
practice wellness.
play with abandon.
laugh.
choose with no regret.
continue to learn.
appreciate your friends.
do what you love.
live as if this is all there is."

- mary anne radmacher

I'd like to think I do live with intention. Most of my major decisions are made with intent, purpose, and goal. And I do suppose I walk to the edge - the edge of what is known to me and my circle of influence, although sometimes it might just be the edge of a box I tend to live in most of the time, unfortunately. Perhaps though in walking to the edge, and walking along it, I attempt to push the boundary out even further....or knock it down altogether. Listen? Oh yes, I listen hard. If anything, that's one thing I learned to do well in my years as a psychologist and counselor; of course, I also learned to listen hard to me, and the Voice that gives me guidance (albeit sometimes my voice speaks loudest....). I do try to practice wellness, although there are times when a bag of chips, cookies, or chocolate will not live to see a week, or five days even, because I consume it so fast. That's probably because I don't buy those kinds of snacks often. It's moderation and balance, right?

Sometimes I play with abandon, but not as much as I'd like to; it's hard to play with abandon when there are few playmates who want to do the same thing. Laugh? Oh yes, one of my favorite pastimes, laughing. Comes very easy to me. :) I do try to choose with no regret; perhaps that's why it can take me a while to choose - because I don't want any regrets. And I can say that as I get older, there is very little that I regret at this point in my life. And I am definitely continuing to learn - not just in school, but outside of it too - from books, from people, from God, from nature, from everything that goes on in and around me. And I truly appreciate my friends - new and old.

My life is directed towards doing what I love to do - the things that burn in my heart and drive passion into my actions, that move my whole being. And it's a journey - in letting all that passion out and focusing it on what it really needs to focus on. And I do make efforts to live life to the fullest, perhaps sometimes as if this is all there is, but not really. Because I know there is more; I feel there is more. There must be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Successful Summer

A Happy Ending for the Dog Drama

Reunion in Jo'burg