NY to DC

I went on a trip to DC this past weekend, leaving Thursday and coming back Sunday. I took the bus (DC2NY) and it was great! Most people I talked to were surprised that I had such a great experience. The trip was 4 hours and 15 minutes (just about, including the 15-minute rest stop break) and smooth both to DC and back! No traffic or anything! I must have picked some good times....although, leaving NY at 4 p.m. did not seem like such a great time, but I had no choice - it was the only bus that went to DC on Thursdays. Nonetheless, I still made it into DC by 8:15 p.m. I was trying to count the tolls and then figuring in the gas - for driving to DC by car and back. And really, I asked myself, why bother? The bus did it in great time; I didn't have to worry about the tolls; and I could either doze off, watch a movie, or go on the internet! Can't do that when I'm driving! :)

But yes, my friend here in NY was so surprised that I had such a great experience! Though she jokingly said it might have been beginner's luck, I personally think that I was pitied for all my adventures in the past several months. Heh heh.

So in DC, I didn't do much. I wasn't going there to do anything really, except hang out with my friend who I haven't seen for a while. I also had lunch with another good friend at Union Station - such a pretty place.... I didn't take that many pictures this trip, but here's one of inside the station - the view from where we were sitting for lunch:



The other adventurous thing we did was go salsa dancing. Actually I just opted to watch as I have never done it before nor did I know how. My friend is taking lessons and she gave me a crash course, but somehow I didn't feel confident enough when we went to check out the dance floor after dinner at this Cuban place. In fact it was downright intimidating - even for my friend! So needless to say, I avoided any eye-contact and portrayed no amount of longing to attempt the dance. Besides, I was much more content watching these people dance away - some really classy-like and others adding their own personalities to it.... Very entertaining I must say.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Successful Summer

A Happy Ending for the Dog Drama

Reunion in Jo'burg