My Two Weeks in SoCal

I went to SoCal for about two weeks over the holidays and I had a good time. I mostly ate, as one does when returning home for vacation - ate with family, with friends, with former colleagues now friends, and of course, the snacks I used to enjoy like Porto's. :) I think it would be appropriate for me to list some of the places I went to eat at besides mom's house (hee hee): Cha Cha Chicken, Black Cow Cafe, the Alcove, and Yun Kyung (for jja-jang myun and tang soo yook). Jja-jang myun is a Chinese-Korean noodles-in-black-sauce dish (and thus can't be found at traditional Chinese or Korean restaurants - believe me, my friend has tried; tang soo yook is crispy fried pork (or beef) with veggies in sweet sauce. Yum!! :d

I did get to go snowboarding because a winter storm hit Southern California while I was there. I took some pictures and showed some people here and my classmate laughed. He asked me if it was really southern California. I think people forget that there are mountains in southern California and some ski resorts located there. Most people tend to think of Hollywood, Disneyland, palm trees, and the sandy beaches. But there are white mountains, with plenty of powder this time, fir trees, and great views. And to prove it, here's a picture:



So I enjoyed my time in SoCal, but it was good to come back to what is now my home in New York. The whole time I was in L.A. it was a bit strange; I felt like I had never left, but I also realized that I had not missed L.A. all that much. Of course I missed my parents, my friends, and my dog as well as some of my favorite hangouts. But coming back to New York was like coming back "home", to my humble abode, a town and city I'm familiarizing myself with, and my car. Yes, very indicative of home I know. Ha ha ha ha. There is also another reason but hee hee.... I'll not blog that just yet. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Successful Summer

A Happy Ending for the Dog Drama

Reunion in Jo'burg